By registering to participate in V Hack 2022, you agree to the following rules and regulations of Varsity Hackathon (V Hack) 2022.
- Participants must be undergraduate students pursuing their studies Malaysia Higher Education Institutions/Program Partner Universities (Overseas).
- Organizers, judges, sponsors, or individuals in any other privileged positions of the event are ineligible.
- Teams may consist of a minimum of one participant (solo) and a maximum of five participants. (Note: Participants are responsible for finding team members on their own if they do not wish to join solo.)
- All participants within a team must be pursuing their studies in the same institution.
- Registration to participate in V Hack 2022 is free of charge.
- All participants must attend all sessions (including sub-events) held throughout V Hack 2022.
- Any members found to belong to different universities in a team will be removed from the team without prior notice.
- Any kind of tampering with the competition's registration, flow and/or result in any way will result in participant being barred and disqualified from the competition.
- All participants, competitors, judges, speakers and program partners must be treated with mutual respect and courtesy.
- The submitted solution must be related to the case study selected by the team.
- All work on the project must be done throughout the hackathon.
- The submission and all components thereof must be the participant's original product. However, appropriate referencing to current available solutions is allowed.
- Participants are not allowed to plagiarize the ideas of other participants.
- All submissions must be within the stated deadline. Any incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late submissions will not be considered.
- Any submissions that are considered (in the absolute discretion of the organisers) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal, racist, plagiarised, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified.
- All prizes are to be shared between all team members.
- Prizes are non-transferrable and may only be redeemed by the designated winner(s).
- The decision on the selection of winners by the judges and organisers of V Hack 2022 are final and binding. No form of appeal will be entertained.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- All attendees, sponsors, partners, committee of V Hack 2022 are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. We expect cooperation from all participants to ensure a safe environment for everybody.
- Our hackathon provides a safe and comfortable environment and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of the regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, political views, previous hackathon experience or lack of, or field.
- We do not tolerate harassment of hackathon participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate at any hackathon venue, this includes the submissions, sessions, presentations, or demos, workshops, any parties associated to the hackathon, social media or any other online media.
- We hereby explicitly note that the submissions created at V Hack 2022 are equally subject to the anti-harassment policy. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact any V Hack committee immediately.
- Hackathon participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the hackathon at the discretion of the V Hack organisers. Participants are encouraged to report any violation to these rules to the organisers via email so appropriate actions could be taken as soon as possible.
- The V Hack 2022 Organizing Committee reserve the right to modify the rules and regulations without prior notice. The committee will notify the participants of any changes via the main communication channels at the earliest convenience. Participants hold the responsibility to constantly check the communication channels for updates.
- The V Hack 2022 Organizing Committee reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any participants or teams regarded as being in breach of these rules and regulations.
- Participation of V Hack 2022 is at the participant's sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, the Organizing Committee will not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by participants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or accepting a prize.
- Any personal information that participants share with the V Hack 2022 Organizing Committee will be kept secure and only used in line with these rules and regulations (such as participant identification) unless the consent has been given by the participants for specific purposes.